Are you a mountain lover?
- Are you looking for a challenging hike that will test your mettle?
- Are you preparing for a bigger climb, like Mount Kenya or Mount Kilimanjaro?
- Or are you simply looking for a way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city?
Join us for a Mt Longonot Hike!
- Mount Longonot is a dormant volcano located in the Great Rift Valley of Kenya.
- The hike to the top is challenging but rewarding, and the views from the summit are simply stunning.
- You’ll have the chance to see a variety of wildlife, including zebras, giraffes, and baboons.
- And you’ll get to experience the beauty of the Great Rift Valley up close.
Book your spot today!
- We offer a variety of hike options, to suit all levels of fitness.
- We also offer camping and lodge accommodation, so you can stay overnight and enjoy the full experience.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity!
- Book your spot today and start your Mount Longonot adventure.
What Makes this Mt Longonot Hike Unique
One of the shapeliest peaks in all the Rift Valley, Mt Longonot (2780m) and its serrated crater rim offers fabulous views. The dormant volcano rises 1000m above the baking-hot valley floor and was formed 400,000 years ago; it last erupted in the 1860s. The park itself covers only 52 sq km and was set up to protect the volcano’s ecosystem and little else. The name ‘Longonot’ comes from the Maasai name Olo Nongot, which means ‘Mountain of Many Summits’.
- Park fees
- Drinking water
- Park fees
- Guide fees
- Personal hiking gear
- Travel insurance and medical cover
- Anything not mentioned