Explore Kenya on Amboseli National Park Day trip
Amboseli is classic Africa. Often called the ‘Land of Giants’ – due to the impressive elephants here carrying massive tusks – the animals are set against breathtaking vistas of Mt Kilimanjaro, which makes an awesome backdrop to the small park. Aside from elephants, many plains animals are easy to spot (as are other visitors, it’s a popular place). Fantastic photo opportunities are possible, and early mornings are best for clear views of Kilimanjaro. The name “Amboseli” comes from a Maasai word meaning “salty dust”, and it is one of the best places in Africa to view large herds of elephants up close. Nature lovers can explore five different habitats here ranging from the dried-up bed of Lake Amboseli, wetlands with sulphur springs, the savannah and woodlands. Africa’s highest peak broods over the southern boundary of the park, and while cloud cover can render the mountain’s massive bulk invisible for much of the day, you’ll be rewarded with stunning vistas when the weather clears, usually at dawn and/or dusk. Apart from guaranteed elephant sightings, you’ll also see wildebeest and zebras, and you’ve a reasonable chance of spotting lions, cheetahs and hyenas. The park is also home to over 370 bird species, and it has an excellent array of lodges and an agreeably mild, dry climate
You will visit
- Amboseli National Park.
Why this tour is for you?
- Age requirement is 2+
- This is a private tour (No stranger). Just for you and your friends
- No accommodation included. Accommodation prior and after safari can be organized upon request
- We use custom made safari vans with 4×4 and open popup roof to maximize on your game viewing experience
- An English speaking driver guide to show you around
- The tour can be further customized to fit your personal preferences.