Your Privacy – Our Policy
All enquiries received from our network of websites are handled through our Nairobi-based office.
One of the main objectives of our websites is to provide visitors with information on safaris and related travel activities. We support the individual’s right to online privacy and subscribe to the following privacy statement.
What kind of information do we gather?
- Personally identifiable information is provided by you when making an enquiry – this includes all of the information on our enquiry forms, Client Information Records, payment authorisations and all subsequent e-mail and other correspondence between you and us. This personally identifiable information is gathered only with your knowledge, active permission and participation.
- From time to time we sponsor contests and surveys in which your participation requires the provision of both identifiable and anonymous information.
- Anonymous clickstream data is gathered from our servers when you visit our sites – this includes IP address details. We may track your visit to our site by giving you a “cookie” on certain pages.
What do we use this information for and with whom do we share it?
- Safari arrangements: Information provided by you during the enquiry, reservation and confirmation process is essentially used to make safari arrangements on your behalf. We share necessary details with third party safari operators contracted in order to arrange and to optimise your experiences on safari. We do not stipulate or in any way control the further usage of information provided to these contractors.
- Internal contacts data base: Your contact details may be used by our company to update you on information that we believe will be of interest to you personally. This information is sent to you by your primary contact within the company, usually your consultant, on an ad hoc but fully authorised basis only or by newsletter which you can unsubscribe yourself from.
- Testimonials and references: In cases where we receive feedback from a client that we believe would be of value to our visitors, we use anonymous quotes in testimonials only once permission has been obtained from the client. Many of our relationships with clients are personal and result in a willingness on their part to provide future references to prospective clients. We provide the contact details of these referees on a one-to-one basis with prospective clients and with the express permission of these referees only.
- Survey and contest information: Personal information is used by us to advise contest winners and to update survey and contest participants on results. In some cases we’ll use your contact details to provide you with other updates that we believe will be of interest to you personally. Other than during the process of concluding safari arrangements for winners, none of this information is shared with third parties. Anonymous survey and contest information is used for deriving statistical reports that may be shared with third parties.
- Anonymous clickstream data is used to help us track user trends and patterns on our websites in efforts to improve the experience of visitors to these sites. We also use this anonymous data for compiling statistical reports that we may share with third parties. Some of this information is derived by means of “cookies” (small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer – you may edit your browser options if you wish to block cookies).
- All information gathered via our website is the property of “Adventure Vacation East Africa Ltd.”
- This information is never sold or wilfully distributed to third parties thus preventing personally identifiable information from being used in unauthorised mailings and other solicitations.
- All employees are bound by this privacy statement – this agreement is in place to protect the company, its public officers, employees and clients.
- From time to time third parties are contracted for the provision of services to us (e.g. market research) whereby client information is made available to them – this information is protected by appropriate confidentiality agreements and used solely for the purposes of completing specific projects.
- Links – this site contains external links to other websites that may gather personally identifiable information from you and may have privacy policies that differ materially from our own. We recommend that you review these separate privacy statements.