- DatesAvailable throughout the year
- TypePrivate ( 1 - 7) Persons in a van
- Departure time6.00 AM (Flexible)
- EndsNairobi Hotel/Airport
- Lake Nakuru National Park - Hundreds of bird species including few flamingos, pelicans and others - Rhino sanctuary - The Great Rift valley escarpment - Awesome scenery - View point of Lion hill, Baboon cliff and out of Africa
- Lake Naivasha - Boat safari across the lake - Variety of birds – flamingos, pelicans and more - Buffet lunch
- Crescent Island Game Sanctuary -Guided walking safari amongst grazing wildlife - Hippo, wildebeest, waterbuck, zebra and gazelle
- Buffet Lunch
About Lake Nakuru Day Trip
Lake Nakuru Day trip is a full-day 4×4 Jeep/Van private safari from Nairobi Kenya.
About Lake Nakuru
Lake Nakuru is among Kenya’s finest national parks. Flanked by rocky escarpments, pockets of acacia forest and at least one waterfall, the park is gorgeous year-round and is home to both black and white rhinos, lions, leopards, hippos and endangered Rothschild’s giraffes. Rising water levels in 2014 forced the park’s famous flamingos to flee (although a small number had returned at the time of research), and the lake is now hauntingly surrounded by drowned trees.
The southern end of the lake is the best place to see wildlife. The forested area below Flamingo Hill is a favorite lion-spotting point – lionesses love to sleep in the trees – while leopards frequent the same area, and are also sometimes seen around the Makalia camp.
- Flamingoes (Greater and Lesser-numbers have reduced in the recent past due to a rise in water levels of as much as 2 meters to a high last experienced over 60 years ago. As water levels increase, the salinity of the water is reduced, which in turn reduces the abundance of algae) and other water birds including a variety of terrestrial birds numbering about 450 species in total.
- Mammals: 56 different species including white rhinos, waterbuck, etc.
- Rare endangered Rothschild’s giraffe
- View-points: Lion hill, Baboon cliff, and Out of Africa
- Hills: Enasoit, Honeymoon, Lion hill ridge, etc
- Waterfalls: Makalia.
- Unique vegetation: About 550 different plant species including the unique and biggest euphorbia forest in Africa, Picturesque landscape and yellow acacia woodlands.