- TypePrivate Safari (2 - 7 Pax)
- Transport4x4 Safari Jeep
- Starts at6.00 AM
- Ends inDare salaam
- Game drives
- Visit the Masai village (Optional).
- Service of professional English-speaking driver/guide Luxury private car for pick up and drop off
- Transportation in 4x4 land rover/Cruiser
- Daily meals and bottled water
- 2 nights accommodation
- More Options to Enhance your Trip
About our 3 Days Mikumi National Park Safari
Our 3 Days Mikumi National Park Safari is a private safari staring from Daresalam City in Tanzania. This is Tanzania’s fourth-largest national park, with a landscape of baobabs, black hardwood trees and grassy plains, and the most accessible from Dar es Salaam. With almost guaranteed year-round wildlife sightings, Mikumi makes an ideal safari destination for those without much time. Within its 3230 sq km – set between the Uluguru Mountains to the northeast, the Rubeho Mountains to the northwest and the Lumango Mountains to the southeast – Mikumi hosts buffaloes, wildebeest, giraffes, elephants, lions, zebras, leopards, crocodiles, and endangered wild dogs, and the chances are high that you’ll see a respectable sampling of these within a short time of entering the park.
Wildlife at Mikumi National Park
The open horizons and abundant wildlife of the Mkata Floodplain, the popular centerpiece of Mikumi, is often compared to the more famous Serengeti Plains. At the end of the Dry season the waterholes, including the hippo pool, become a wildlife magnet and huge
herds of elephant and buffalo visit these spots throughout the day.
The grasslands of Mikumi support large herds of zebra, wildebeest, buffalo, and impala. Giraffe and elephant are also common. Predators, such as lion and spotted hyena, are present but sightings are less common than in some of the more popular parks. Troops of yellow baboon and vervet monkey can be found throughout the park.
The scenery and Climate of Mikumi National Park
The 80% portion of Mikumi southeast of the Tanzam Highway is inaccessible to tourists. The 60km circuit open to tourists is on the Mkata River floodplain, comprised of open grassland interspersed with acacia woodland, patches of borassus palms and the odd baobab tree.
Weather & Climate
Mikumi enjoys uniform conditions because of its equatorial location. The months of the Dry season (June to October) are among the coolest. This is particularly true of the higher altitudes, although these are mostly inaccessible to tourists. The Wet season (November to May) is humid and hot, especially in the closing months of the year.
Best time to Book 3 Days Mikumi National Park Safari
The Dry season (June to October) is the peak period for watching wildlife. The bush thins out and animals are easy to spot. Plus, the absence of precipitation is balanced by an abundance of sunshine. You can still see wildlife in the wetter periods.
Accommodation during our 3 Days Mikumi National Park Safari
We recommend the following safari camps/lodges on your Mikumi National Park Safari
- Mikumi Adventure Lodge offers you the perfect home away in the cool beautiful forest at the border of Mikumi National Park. The lodge offers affordable luxury accommodation from rooms to tents, restaurants with most varieties of cuisine, bar with varieties of
drinks, camping facilities, game drive facilities, and conferences.
- Angalia tented camp has a charming bungalow perfectly integrated in the breathtaking landscape. All constructions are built with makuti roof (palm leave) and Tanga stone, commonly used in Tanzanian traditional constructions, and are equipped with individual bathrooms accessible from the interior. Everything has been designed to comfortably enjoy wild nature.
- Please book your flight to arrive at Julius Nyerere International Airport (DAR).
- Private tour with a min of 2 and max 7 persons in a landrover and land cruiser, open roof safari vehicle
- Starting and ending point: Dar es Salaam
- Children policy: Children are allowed to participate in the tour (minimum age allowed is 5 years)
- English and Spanish speaking guide.
- Main wildlife to be seen: Buffalo, Giraffe, Zebra, Impala, Pumba,
- Park fees are included