Visit a coastal forest that’s home to sable antelope, more than 100 species of birds, and a remarkable number of elephants on a full-day, small-group safari from Mombasa to Shimba Hills National Reserve. You’ll watch for wildlife on a morning game drive, then set out on foot for Shedrick Falls, a rare chance to explore a Kenyan game reserve outside of a safari vehicle, and the perfect time to watch out for some of Shimba Hills National Reserve’s endangered cycads and orchids.
As one of the largest coastal forests in East Africa after Arabuko-Sokoke Forest, this reserve is rich in flora and fauna and hosts the highest density of African elephants in Kenya. Other animal species found in the area are Sable antelope, elephant shrew, bushy-tailed mongoose and other small mammals like fruit bats. The forest is an important bird area and is endowed with forest birdlife while the grasslands hold localized species such as red-necked-Spur fowl, Croaking Cisticola, and Zanzibar Red Bishop. The scenic Sheldrick Falls and the dense Mwaluganje Forest are also found here along with four campsites.
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional) and in a custom made safari van/cruiser
- All Taxes/VAT
- Drinking water(On all days)
- International flights(From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees