Spot the Big Five in Famous Northern Circuit Parks. Get ready for the trip-of-a-lifetime with this safari adventure in Tanzania’s renowned northern circuit parks and wildlife reserves. From the flamingos at Lake Manyara to the migrating wildebeest in Serengeti, best of the wild is waiting to wow you.
Lodges or Basic Camping
Arusha / Moshi
International Air Ticket
Day 1: Arusha/Moshi – Lake Manyara
- In the morning, meet your safari guide at the hotel/airport in Arusha.
- Begin your 5-day safari tour in Tanzania with a 2-hour drive to the Lake Manyara National Park.
- Drive down the Great Rift Valley’s western escapement and arrive in time for lunch at the camp/lodge in Lake Manyara NP.
- In the afternoon, head out for a game drive in the park. Famous for its tree-climbing lions and massive flock of flamingos that give the shallow soda lake its distinct pink hues, Manyara is one of the most dramatic wildlife destinations in Tanzania. The varied habitat also attracts large herds of elephants to this area.
- Your private safari guide will hep you spot several species of animals and point out the best vantage points for picture-perfect shots.
- Later, in the evening, return to the camp/lodge for dinner and overnight.
Lake Manyara - Serengeti
- Check-out from the camp/lodge after breakfast, and drive via the highlands of Karatu and Ngorongoro Conservation area to Serengeti National Park. (~4 hours’ drive)
- You will carry packed lunch and have a picnic en route.
- Gradually, the highlands will be left behind as you descend into the heart of Africa – the Serengeti Plains. Endless stretch of savannah grasslands extending as far as the eye could see. This is the centre-stage for one of the most spectacular wildlife events in the world – the annual ‘Great Migration’ of wildebeest, zebras and antelopes from the Serengeti to Masai Mara in search for ‘greener pastures’. Out of a million, many unfortunate animals end up in the clutches of predators – especially, the crocodiles waiting for them in the Mara river. The ones that survive, continue the journey, year after year. Changing rainfall patterns has made migration predictions challenging. However, April – August is an ideal time to witness the migration in Serengeti.
- Head to the centre of the Serengeti National Park, known as the Seronera area. The Seronera river is a valuable water source and thus, attracts a variety of wildlife.
- Check-in to your camp/lodge and relax for some time, before heading out for an afternoon game drive in the park.
- With the help of your experienced private safari guide, continue tracking and spotting several species of animals and birds in Serengeti, until it gets dark.
- Return to your camp/lodge for dinner and overnight.
Lake Manyara - Ngorongoro
- Go on an early morning game drive in the Serengeti National park. This is the ideal time to spot the big cats and other predators.
- OPTIONAL: Early morning Hot-Air Balloon safari of Serengeti National Park (Extra charges applicable)
- Later, return to the camp/lodge for breakfast and check-out with packed lunch.
- Begin your journey towards Ngorongoro Conservation Area, with a game drive and picnic lunch en route. (~3 hours’ drive to Ngorongoro)
- Upon arrival, enjoy a game drive in the Ngorongoro crater. This awe-inspiring natural wonder is the largest unbroken and unflooded caldera on the planet. Apart from breath-taking vistas, the area offers excellent game viewing, especially, Tanzania's last remaining black rhinos. Thousands of flamingos can be seen here as well, at Makat soda lake.
- Dinner and overnight at camp/lodge in Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Ngorongoro - Tarangire
- In the morning, depart for Tarangire National Park – known for its elephant herds and baobab trees. Enjoy a game drive, en route. (~4 hours’ drive)
- By noon, check-in to your camp/lodge in Tarangire NP and have lunch.
- After lunch, continue the game drive till dusk, spotting as many species of animals and birds inhabiting the wild savannah and swampy river valley. Home to over 500 bird species, this a bird-watchers’ haven. You could also spot zebra, wildebeest and cape buffalo during June to November. Common residents include waterbuck, giraffe, dik dik, impala, eland, Grant's gazelle, vervet monkey, banded mongoose, olive baboon, and predators such as African lion, leopard, cheetah, caracal, honey badger, and African wild dog.
- Dinner and overnight at the camp/lodge in Tarangire National Park.
Tarangire - Arusha
- After breakfast, begin your ~3 hours’ drive back to Arusha, with game viewing en route.
- The driver-guide will drop you off at the airport or a hotel in Arusha.
- Airport transfers
- 4x4 safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing.
- English speaking safari driver-guide
- Entrance fees to all national parks.
- 4 Days accommodation in camps/lodges, as chosen by the guest
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary
- Airport transfers, when requested in advance
- International flights(From/to home)
- Hotel accommodation in Arusha, before and after safari tour
- Sunrise Hot-air Balloon safari in Serengeti, when booked in advance.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
- Additional Information:
- Accommodation can be chosen according to your interests, from three categories – Budget, Mid-range, Luxury. Pricing of the tour will change accordingly.
- The tour can be extended to other parks or nearby destinations like Zanzibar, at an extra cost, when arranged with the guide in advance.