Home to one of the world’s greatest concentrations of wildlife and the majority of the Great Wildebeest Migration, Serengeti National Park is Tanzania’s flagship conservation area and a must-do for first-time and returning safari goers alike.
Translated from the Maa language as ‘the land that moves on forever’, the Serengeti’s vast rolling grasslands and golden savannah give travelers a soul-stirring sense of space. Although it is most famous for supporting millions of wildebeest, there are also sizable populations of zebra, buffalo, elephant and giraffe, and myriad gazelle and antelope species. And where there is plains game aplenty, predators like lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena and wild dog are sure to follow.
From the Wildebeest Migration to incredible year-round game viewing, here are some of our best reasons to go on a safari in the Serengeti:
- Day 1Arusha - Serengeti National Park
- The world’s best free-range elephant viewing
- Magnificent views of Mount Kilimanjaro and its snow-capped peak (weather permitting)
- Lions and other Big Five viewing
- Wildebeests, cheetahs & hyenas
- Observation Hill with its aerial vistas of Amboseli park – views of elephant herds and the park’s wetlands
- Marshes viewing spot for elephant, buffalo, hippos, pelicans, geese and other water fowl
- Observe Maasai culture
- Optional visit to Masai village at Amboseli (please arrange with your Driver/Guide). Cost is $20 per person