Our Mt Kenya Climbing via Narumoro package gives you a chance to hike Mt Kenya via one of the shortest and most populous route.
The Naro Moru route is the fastest and therefore also the most popular route onto the mountain, being used by many of the tour and outfitting companies guiding clients up to Point Lenana.
The Naro Moru routes steepness and direct approach to the peak makes it more challenging to acclimatise on than others, however the itinerary offers plenty of time for a safe and successful ascent/descent.
The Naro Moru route also features the legendary “Vertical Bog”, a steep quagmire of wet moorland that can be extremely taxing and unpleasant after rains.
The items below are necessary to make ones climb a success. You can bring them or hire from our store.
– A big backpack in which to put all the equipments. This will be
Carried by the porter.
– A summit pack in which to put personal equipments like water, camera
– A warm mountain sleeping bag (4 seasons recommended)
– Hiking boots which should be sturdy and water proof
– Camp shoes. Sneakers are ok.
– Leg gaiters
– Water bottle. If you have camel pack that’s okay.
– 3 – 4 pairs of woolen socks
– Both fleece jacket and pants
– Polypro under wear both top and bottom
– Water proof jacket with hood (Gore-Tex recommended) and pants
– Warm mittens or gloves
– Warm thermal hat
– Sun glasses
– Head torch plus batteries
– Sleeping mat, Thermarest is good
– Hiking poles