Mount Kenya is the highest mountain in Kenya and the second-highest in Africa, after Kilimanjaro. The highest peaks of the mountain are Batian, Nelion and Point Lenana. The scenery surrounding this designated World Heritage Site is breath-taking. It is pristine wilderness with lakes, tarns, glaciers, dense forest, mineral springs and a selection of rare and endangered species of animals, high altitude adapted plains game and unique montane and alpine vegetation.
The items below are necessary to make ones climb a success. You can bring them or hire from our store.
– A big backpack in which to put all the equipments. This will be
Carried by the porter.
– A summit pack in which to put personal equipments like water, camera
– A warm mountain sleeping bag (4 seasons recommended)
– Hiking boots which should be sturdy and water proof
– Camp shoes. Sneakers are ok.
– Leg gaiters
– Water bottle. If you have camel pack that’s okay.
– 3 – 4 pairs of woolen socks
– Both fleece jacket and pants
– Polypro under wear both top and bottom
– Water proof jacket with hood (Gore-Tex recommended) and pants
– Warm mittens or gloves
– Warm thermal hat
– Sun glasses
– Head torch plus batteries
– Sleeping mat, Thermarest is good
– Hiking poles
Tour guide: Denis Micheni
You may request to proceed with a safari after the hike. We offer safaris to various parts of Kenya Tanzania Uganda and Rwanda.