Our 5 Days Mount Kenya hike via Sirmon Route gives you an opportunity to conquer Africa’s second highest mountain at 5,199m (17,058 feet) and the highest of all Kenya Mountains. Mount Kenya is roughly circular, about 60km across at the 200mm contour, where the steep font hills rise out of the gentler slopes of the centered highlands. At the centre of the massif, the main peaks rise sharply from around 4,500m to the main summit of Batian 5,199m, Nelion 5,188m and point Lenana 4,985m. Other major summits on the mountain include Point Piggott 4,957m, Point Dutton 4,885 and Point John 4,883m. Of the three main peaks (Batian, Lenana and Nelion), only point Lenana can be reached by trekkers and the other two being only for technical climbers
The items below are necessary to make ones climb a success. You can bring them or hire from our store.
– A big backpack in which to put all the equipments. This will be
Carried by the porter.
– A summit pack in which to put personal equipments like water, camera
– A warm mountain sleeping bag (4 seasons recommended)
– Hiking boots which should be sturdy and water proof
– Camp shoes. Sneakers are ok.
– Leg gaiters
– Water bottle. If you have camel pack that’s okay.
– 3 – 4 pairs of woolen socks
– Both fleece jacket and pants
– Polypro under wear both top and bottom
– Water proof jacket with hood (Gore-Tex recommended) and pants
– Warm mittens or gloves
– Warm thermal hat
– Sun glasses
– Head torch plus batteries
– Sleeping mat, Thermarest is good
– Hiking poles
Tour guide: Denis Micheni