Samburu is the most popular reserve in northern Kenya. Wildlife viewing is good, and most big safari animals are easily spotted. The arid environment is home to a variety of north Kenya specials – both birds and mammals. Nearby Samburu pastoralists live a semi-nomadic lifestyle and occasionally they might temporarily drive off wildlife as they pass through the reserve with their cattle. Samburu offers great wildlife viewing and four of the Big Five are present. Rhinos are absent, but big herds of elephant cross the reserve. Of the big cats, leopards are very rewarding with some habituated individuals giving high-quality sightings. Most interesting are the northern Kenya specials including Beisa oryx, lesser kudu, Reticulated giraffe, Grevy’s zebra and the odd-looking gerenuk.
Lodge or Tented Camp
4X4 Mini Van or Jeep
After your breakfast, drive past Central highlands and the slopes of Mt Kenya and all the way to the Samburu National Reserve, the most popular destination in the Northern circuit.
Head out for lunch, post which you are free to relax
Proceed for your first game drive in the Samburu Reserve.
Be on the lookout for elephants, generuk, cheetah, leopard, zebras and other animals found here.
Return to the camp or lodge for dinner and overnight.
Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner.
Explore the rugged terrains of Samburu in morning.
Visit Samburu villages to learn of the preserved Samburu people culture.
Head out for afternoon game drives or even full day game drives if you wish to.
Look out for creatures like the nile crocodile, long necked gerenuk, Grevy's zebra, reticulated giraffe and Beisa onyx and even the elusive Kenyan Leopard.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at lodge.
Head out for an early morning game drive before the sun sets.
Spot the big cats and other predators lurking around.
Drive back to Nairobi, with lunch en route.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water(On all days)
- International flights(From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees