- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Welcome to Watamu
Watamu is a small coastal town in Kenya, north of Mombasa. It’s known for Watamu Marine National Park and Reserve, which has 3 bays: Watamu, Blue Lagoon and Turtle. Sandy beaches and coral gardens are the defining features. Seabirds, as well as green and hawksbill turtles, inhabit Mida Creek with its sand flats and mangrove forest. Inland, Arabuko-Sokoke Forest Reserve is home to elephants, monkeys and rare birdlife.
Laid-back little Watamu looks out over the Indian Ocean and enjoys a blinding white-sand beach and a soft breeze coming off the water. It’s a gorgeous slice of coastline and one that includes its own marine national park. As well as its natural endowments, great dining scene and laid-back village vibe, Watamu makes an excellent base from which to explore the nearby Gede ruins, Arabuko Sokoke Forest Reserve and the mangrove-fringed waterways of Mida Creek.
Key points to note
- This tour starts and ends in Nairobi or Mombasa, Kenya
- Book your own international flights.
- Fly to/from Jomo Kenyatta Airport or Moi International Airport Mombasa
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel)
You will be picked at the Airport and transferred to Severen Sea lodge in Watamu, Kenya. You will spend next 5 days relaxing in your room. Take a walk along the white sand beaches of Watamu. There are activities you can opt to undertake while in your holiday at Watamu.
Day 1: Arrive at the hotel and relax
Day 2: Opt to visit Watamu Marine National Park or relax in the hotel
Day 3: Opt to visit Malindi Marine National Park relax in the hotel
Day 4: Opt to visit Sabaki delta followed by shopping in malindi town where there are many nice Italian shops.
Day 5: Relax in the hotel till its time to check out and be dropped in the airport to catch your flight back home.
End of tour
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for extra cost.
- You'll be dropped off at the airport (or hotel).
- Total costs is based on cost per person sharing.
- Booking to be confirmed once half the amount is paid.
- Rate is based on the date of travel. It may go up or down depending on the date of booking.
- Accommodating on HB basis
- Use of Hotel facilities
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
No Details Found