- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Welcome to Hellsgate National Park
Dry, dusty and dramatic but infinitely peaceful,Hell’s Gate is that rare thing: an adventurous Kenyan park with large animals that’s safe to explore by bicycle or on foot. Large carnivores are very rare, so you can cycle to your heart’s content past grazing zebras, giraffes, impalas and buffaloes, spot rock hyraxes as they clamber up inclines and chase dust clouds as they swirl in the wind. And if the pedalling isn’t enough exercise, hike the gorge or climb Fischer’s Tower.
Hell’s Gate National Park covers an area of 68.25 square km and is situated in the environs of Lake Naivasha about 90 km from Nairobi. The park is 14 km after the turnoff from the old Nairobi-Naivasha highway.
It is characterized by diverse topography and geological scenery. It is an important home of the lammergeyer (The Bearded Vulture).
Hell’s Gate has two gates that are used by visitors – the main Elsa Gate and the Olkaria Gate. The latter also serves the Olkaria Geothermal Station that is located inside the National Park.
Key points to note
- This tour starts and ends in Nairobi, Kenya
- Price quoted for this day trip is for a single traveller in a small van and can depart any day.
- Book your own international flights.
- Fly to/from Jomo Kenyatta Airport
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional Accommodation ( Ask for our advice about the best on Nairobi Hotels and we will be more than willing to assist you) before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Day 1: Nairobi to Maasai Mara
Pick up from hotel or airport and leave for Naivasha where Hellsgate national park is located. We will have a brief stop at the Great Rift Valley View Point before proceeding to the gate of Hellsgate NP. The driver guide shall proceed with formalities at the gate before embarking on a walk or game drive up to the gorges. Hellsgate NP is special in that its the only park designed for walking and cycling. You can walk or take a ride up to the gorges in the presence of animals such as Zebra, Girraffes, Buffalos, Gazzelles among other wild animals. Dangerous animals such as the big cats are not present so the ark is safe. Apart from this one can opt for rock climbing. The scenes at the park are majestic. encounter free standing Fischers tower among other amazing sceneries. Complete your activities at the park and exit for lunch. You may opt to take a boat ride at Lake nakuru national Park after lunch before finally embarking on your journey back to Nairobi.
- Main destination: Naivasha Town ( Hellsgate National Park)
- Accommodation: End of tour (no accommodation but can be organised upon request)
- Meals & drinks: Breakfast & lunch (Dinner not included)Drinking water while on the safari (Other drinks not included)
End of tour
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for extra cost.
- You'll be dropped off at the airport (or hotel).
- Park fees
- All activities
- A professional driver/guide
- All Taxes/VAT
- Round trip airport transfer
- Meals (Lunch)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Optional Activities like Rock Climbing, Cycling and Boat Rides
No Details Found